Im not sure how much more my heart can take!! - September 26th 2009

Last night the twins fell asleep at about 10ish, Seren in her bed, Ieuan by the door, we left him there for a bit until he was defo asleep before we were going to move him into his bed, at about 10:15ish we hear a MASSIVE crashing noise from their room, my heart was in my mouth and we both ran up the stairs (me shouting f**k, f**k, f**k and refusing to open my eyes) their shelf had fallen off their wall and thank God had fallen on their change table and not on my little man on the floor - the shelf had a few boxes of bits and bobs, a few soft toys and their cd player, nothing heavy but the shelf itself is!!!! Its been up a year, Im just thankful neither of them was hurt and that we were not using the change table at the time!!! (oh and btw Ieuan slept through it all!!!!!!)Today at the park, hubby thought he was being hilarious and whilst walking down a big slope to the lake he let go of the pram, I didnt see that he had a hold of the leash bit and screamed, I nearly knocked him out when I realised he was dicking around.THEN this evening the twins were playing in their room before bed and we could hear the saftey gate shaking, then a ping, once again me and hubby were hare-arseing it up the stairs to find that the gate was wide open and Ieuan was making his way to the door and our very steep stairs. I cant describe really the bit that came off, it a Lindam gate that you can make bigger or smaller to fit your doorway and it was the metal bit that hooks under to open the gate or keep it closed.Its a good job my heart is obviously stong, it has sure been tested these past 2 days. I am now demanding a stairgate on the stairs too just in case which is going to be a nightmare as there is literally no room for it but tough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment