Help!!!! please send SuperNanny and Vodka!!! - October 12th 2009

My children monsters are STILL awake, STILL trashing their bedroom and STILL running around shouting screaming and singing. HOW?!?!?!?!Who is feeding them full fat coke and chocolate to give them this 'sugar' rush?!?!Does Supernanny have a out of hours secret number I can use?!?!?!Why why why why why why why did I not insist on moving closer to family when they were born so I could palm them off ask them to babysit when they are in this hyper kind of mood!!!!!I have changed 4 stinky nappies since they 'went to bed' at 6:30 too!!!Right I am off to smother them with a pillow kisses and get them into bed again which is pointless but still!!!Hope all your babies are sleeping well and give you lie ins if possible! xxx

1:18 am
..still awake!!!!Im going to sneak to bed and hope they dont notice me commando crawling past the door, they are now sat chatting so at least they have calmed down, maybe they are telling bedtime stories?!?!Ok wish me luck....... :suspect: Im off.........


Well they finally fell asleep just before 4am!!! I woke them at 10:30 this morning and Ieuan has only had a small nap when we were at the park earlier and Seren hasnt had a nap at all. Yet despite all of this they are STILL awake up there playing.I really dont know what else I can do to be honest, we only have a two bed house so they cant have seperate rooms, there isnt room in our bedroom for one of them, plus it is in no way child safe in there (i.e bookshelves full of books/dvds drawers with no locks on etc and I cant afford to buy locks for all of the drawers and have nowhere else to put all the books and dvds.They wont sleep in our bed as they never have and see coming in there as a big adventure and a chance to play. We have tried putting one to bed sleepy and then once they are asleep and we have worn the other one out putting the other to bed but if one is awake even slightly they HAVE to wake the other one up.There is literally nothing in their bedroom for them to play with so they just empty the drawers and throw clean clothes and bedding around and fight (there are locks on the drawers in their room but little hands can still get in them)So I am at a loss, I have cancelled my parents visiting in November as my nephew sleeps in with the twins which just isnt going to happen now and my mum and dad sleep in the living room and as my house is so small it is sooo stressful when they are kicking off as it means no one gets any sleep!!! The plus side to this is we will be at the mm2 though (so every cloud and all that!!!)

Im going to try the 7-7 or 8-8 routine I think, they just have such mega tantrums if I wake them but I will just eeek it out until it works, I seriously cannot go on like this.The problem with me going in though is that it winds them up more as they want me to stay and cwtch them and as soon as I leave they are at the gate screaming.Every twin mum I have asked is like oh I sit there for hours cuddling them/rocking them until they drift off OR they just stay in bed and sleep (waaaaahhh, that just made me cry lol). I have never sat and cuddled mine to sleep and tbh I am reluctant to start it at 19 months old! My trusted twin toddler book turned up the other day and so far it has just depressed me! apparently I should just lock their door and they will soon learn wtf! or put them in seperate rooms, not an option here.Hubby cant get any time off to help out and has such a low tolerance threshold with them anyway that he would be no help. Thanks for the offer of the locks Atina but I really dont want one of them in my room, hubby works shifts and comes in at all hours plus as crazy as it sounds (and as crazy as I am) they have never been seperated and I dont think they would take it very well if I did do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment