The HV cometh - December 1st 2009

So I kept the appointment with the HV on Friday and Im glad I did tbh. She did their 2 year check at the same time and was pleased with them and said their understanding is fantastic etc. She did agree that their speech is a little delayed and so is coming back to review them in early March just after they turn 2 and told me the only thing to do is simply repeat everything and sing nursery rhymes on repeat too (I wonder what she thinks I do all day lol!) I got their next bookstart pack (why oh why oh why not mix the books up a bit, what do I need with 2 sets of identical books??!)she weighed and measured them Seren is now 24lb and 82cm, whilst Ieuan is 28lb and 85cm, I think the heights are a bit out as they were running round like loons whilst she chased them with a tape measure (I think Ieuan is a bit taller than that as he is more than 3cms taller than Seren)I also asked her advice on what to do about baby Houdini Seren and her escaping over the bedroom gate, she was a bit shocked to say the least and suggested we put a chain on the door rather than locking it as she said that whilst we may think we are keeping them safe by locking it we may actually just be scaring them!!!! we are not putting a chain on the door though as Ieuan will just pull and pull and pull until he rips something off whether its the chain off the door or out of the wall!!! so we are still back at square 1 there!!!!So all in all not a bad visit, she was here an hour and a half and I feel a bit more relaxed that at least Im not imagining their speech isnt what it should be yet slightly discouraged that the only advice she had was to sing nursery rhymes to them but ho hum..........................twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.........

No comments:

Post a Comment