The homecoming!!!

In their carseats in their new home!


Finally on Wednesday 5th March 2008 we were allowed home, Alfie our boxer dog was very excited to see his mummy again and very intrigued by the two new additions to the family. We let him have a sniff (while mummy quietly panicked and paced and thought Alfie would have to leave home) he was soon placated though and we settled in for the evening. A lovely takeaway for tea was ordered and me Derek and my mum settled in for a quiet night. It was at this point my boss visited and told me that they were leaving the pub in 4 weeks time. I had worked for Chris and Gwen for 4 years, even changed pubs with them, they were a bit like my Northern mum and dad, I was devestated, I knew I wasnt going back to work but the fact that they lived downstairs was a comfort for when my mum went home, the carpet was well and truly pulled from beneath my feet, cue lots of tears that since the babies birth I seemed unable to stop.

A few days later and my mum had to go home, again I cried my heart out, I truly believe that once you have a baby you realise how special your own mum is. My mum was and still is amazing, she is always at the end of the phone for me to cry at, ask advice from and have a gossip with, I just hope Ieuan and Seren feel the same way about me when they grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment